Blackheads — ‘Blackheads’ is the name given to blackish bumps or plugs on the skin. They are nothing, but blocked pores that are filled with oil deposits and dead skin cells. A part of skin disease called acne; they usually appear on the face, back, chest and other parts of the body that have sebaceous glands. Blackheads are higher in number when compared pimples or zits. They thrive in oily skin and get worsened when the latter is exposed to pollution. You need to maintain proper hygiene to get cured of blackheads. While there are many skin treatments, like laser therapy, which you can follow to get cured of blackheads, it is advisable to stick to natural ways. Check out some home remedies for getting rid of blackheads.
Home Remedy For Blackheads
- An effective home remedy for blackheads would be to combine hot water, Epsom salt and iodine. Put 1 tsp Epsom salt and 4 drops iodine in 1/4 cup hot water. When the solution cools down, apply it on the affected area, with a cotton ball. After it dries, remove it with a clean cloth.
- Make a paste of fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves, with water. Apply the paste on the affected area for about 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Use this remedy regularly for favorable results.
- For removing blackheads, taking steam would be beneficial, as steam opens the blocked pores. After taking steam, rub the affected region with a towel for 1-2 minutes. Thereafter, splash it with cold water, closing all the open pores.
- Another effective home remedy for blackhead removal comprises of a face wash, made of lime juice and milk. Add 1 tbsp fresh lime juice to a glass of boiled milk. Use this as a face wash regularly.
- Make a paste of ground radish seeds, along with water. Apply the paste on the affected area and rinse it off with water, when it dries.
- Yet another effective home remedy would be to make a paste of 5 gm red sandalwood and 5 gm turmeric, along with some milk. Apply this paste on the affected area and rinse off, after it dries.
- Mix almond powder with some rose water, to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and keep it on till it dries. Thereafter, wash it off with warm water.
- Mix salt, lemon and honey, in equal quantities, and make a scrub. Yogurt can also be added to the mixture. Massage the affected area with this scrub for about 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry.
- Application of warm honey on the affected area, as a pack, would be beneficial. After the honey dries, wash the face with water.
- Combine equal amounts of groundnut oil and fresh lime juice. Apply this on the affected area and keep on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Egg white can also be used as a home remedy for blackheads. Beat the white portion of the egg and apply on the affected area. Wash off with water. While wiping the area, scrub it lightly with the towel.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon powder in a bowl. Apply this on the affected area and leave overnight. Wash off the next morning, with lukewarm water.