Flatulence — Flatulence is the emission of gases present in the intestine. The mixture of gases ‘flatus’ is released under pressure and creates a sound accompanied by a foul odor. Apart from causing discomfort and pain due to bloating, it also causes social embarrassment. The most common symptoms of flatulence or more popularly known as gas are a feeling of bloating and discomfort, excessive expulsion of wind, belching and pain in the abdomen. The problem of flatulence is very common and usually due to dietary reasons. Problems in digesting certain types of food cause flatulence. While for some it might be due to lactose intolerance, the others may suffer it because of grain based food. Yet, others might suffer due to foods which are heavy in carbohydrates. Flatulence, however, is not a serious problem and can be cured using natural treatments. Know more about the home remedies for curing flatulence.
Home Remedy For Flatulence
- Do not forget the basics of eating as this is the most natural and effective way to treat flatulence. Eat slowly and chew the food thoroughly. Do not gulp the food. This is the best way to cure the problem of gas.
- In a cup of warm water, add 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder with a pinch each of asafetida and rock salt. Drink this mix to get relieved from gas.
- Take a cup of lukewarm water and add 2 tsp of brandy. Intake this before going to bed.
- Soak some ginger slices in lemon juice. Chew this after every meal. This would help cure gas.
- In a tsp of honey, add a drop of dill oil. Intake this after every meal to help treat flatulence.
- Grind 1 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp of dry ginger and 1 tsp of green cardamom seeds. Add Â½ tsp of this mixture in water and drink it one hour after meal.
- Peppermint also proves effective in treating flatulence. Not only does it refreshes the breath, but also cures gas.
- Peppermint tea is also effective in treating flatulence. The other tea includes anise tea, spearmint tea, and caraway tea. Spearmint or peppermint candy would also do the trick.
- Avoid foods such as beans, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, yeast-containing foods such as breads and cheese. Carbonated drinks also produce gas.
- Do not drink water after 15 minutes or during meals. It weakens the digestive system.