Gujia is a scrumptious sweet dish prepared using maida and khoya. It is a must to make Holi dish in most of the Indian homes. Though the preparation of Gujia requires a little time and efforts, the taste of this delicious recipe is worth it. The best thing about Gujia is that it can be used as a sweet dish, dessert as well as snacks. It can also be preserved for along time without any effort. If you are also interested in making Gujia this Holi, the recipe is given below.
• 500 gm Maida (flour)
• 1 kg Khoya
• 3 tbsp Kishmish (raisins)
• 200 gm Almonds (cut into thin strips)
• 6 tbsp Cooking Oil. ( keep some more aside for deep frying)
• 200 ml Water
• 500 gm Sugar
• Mix the six tablespoons of oil with the maida.
• Now add some water as required and knead into soft dough.
• Set aside and cover with a damp cloth.
• Fry khoya in a deep-frying pan to a light brown color.
• Add sugar, almonds and kismis into the khoya and mix well.
• Remove from the fire and let it cool.
• Roll out the kneaded dough into a small and thick chapatti.
• Fill half the chapati with the khoya mixture and seal the round, twisting the edges inwards.
• Deep-fry these gujias to a deep golden brown color on slow flame.
• Take them out with a sieve type ladle and drain the oil completely.
• Note - Makes about 40 gujias.