Easter Sunday a great day for celebration and food. Easter is a great time when friends and family gather together and enjoy the very best of food.
Recipe of Simnel Cake
• 125 gms Butter
• 125 gms Sugar (Cheeni)
• 3 Eggs
• 1 cup Refined Flour (Atta)
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 pinch Salt (Namak)
• 1/2 tsp dried Ginger (Adrak) Powder
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini) Powder
• 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (Jaiphal) Powder
• 125 gms Currants (Kishmish)
• 125 gms Sultanas
• 125 gms Raisins (Kishmish)
• 1/2 cup chopped Mixed Fruit
• 500 gms Marzipan
• In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
• Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and ground spices.
• Blend in with the butter mixture, adding little milk if required to facilitate blending.
• Add currants, sultanas, raisins and mixed fruit to the batter.
• Butter a 9 inch cake tin and pour in half the batter.
• Roll out half the marzipan to fit the circumference of the pan.
• Place over the cake batter.
• Pour the rest of the batter over the marzipan.
• Bake in a preheated oven (180 c) for about one hour.
• Remove cake form the oven when cool, decorate the top of the cake with the remainng marzipan.