Coconut is a vital ingredient of almost all the Kerala dishes. Right from vegetables to the desserts, coconut is used in almost all the dishes. However, one of the most regularly made and popularly made coconut dish of Kerala is the coconut sauce or ‘thenga chutney’. Though this is a primary food item, it is used along with almost all the primary food items like Dosa, Upama, Uthpam, Rice and Idli. It is scrumptious to taste and can be made very easily. So, whenever you make Dosa, Upama, Uthpam, Idli or any other dish, also make this luscious coconut chutney along with it. Read on further for the recipe.
Coconut Chutney Recipe
• 1 cup grated tender Coconut
• 2-3 Green Chillies ( as per need )
• 4 pieces of Garlic
• 2 tsp Tamarind
• Grate the coconut.
• Add to it Green-Chillies and garlic.
• Also add the tamarind and very little water.
• Now grind coarsely all the ingredients in a mixer.
• Put salt to taste and the chutney is ready.