Mutton Kaleji Recipe – How To Make Mutton Kaleji
Mutton kaleji is a damp stir-fry or roasted appetizer or side dish. Go through the article to learn the recipe for how to make mutton liver.
Celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm among Muslims across the world, Bakra Eid marks the end of the Hajj pilgrimage and commemorates the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his son on the behest of Allah. A festival of rejoice and sacrifice, people slaughter domestic animals and distribute the meat amongst family and friends. Traditional savories are also prepared and consumed with great honor. Mutton kaleji is a North Indian damp curry stir-fry delicacy. The mutton liver can be replaced with calf, lamb, chicken or buffalo liver also. Follow the instructions given below for making mutton liver (kaleji). Enjoy your Bakra Eid!
How To Make Mutton Kaleji
- 300-400 g Mutton Liver (Kaleji)
- 2-3 medium Onions
- 4-5 Garlic Pods
- ½ inch Ginger
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2-3 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 2 Green Chilies (slit in between)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ cup Cilantro / Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 3-4 tbsp Oil (for making the spicy fry)
- Wash the mutton liver pieces thoroughly in lukewarm water.
- Chop onions, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves.
- Baste liver pieces with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside for ½ hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add ginger and garlic. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes till they are nicely browned.
- Add onions and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on high flame to turn them reddish-brown.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red pepper powder, sugar, garam masala and salt. Pour a little water to form smooth paste and stir fry.
- Add the marinated liver pieces and green chilies. Stir well.
- Cook the liver pieces for 10 to 15 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate and serve with roti or as an appetizer.