Sarojini Naidu Famous Quotes
- One needs a Seer’s Vision and an Angel’s voice to be of any avail. I do not know of any Indian man or woman today who has those gifts in their most complete measure.
- My husband is exceedingly busy. For some time the talk of his going had been slack, but just now again there seems to be a move to get him sent to the front!
- Oh, we want a new breed of men before India can be cleansed of her disease.
- We want deeper sincerity of motive, a greater courage in speech and earnestness in action.
- “To quench my longing I bent me low
By the streams of the spirits of Peace that flow
In that magical wood in the land of sleep.”
- “She is twin-born with primal mysteries, and drinks of life at Time’s forgotten source.”
- “Cover mine eyes, O my Love!
Mine eyes that are weary of bliss
As of light that is poignant and strong
O silence my lips with a kiss,
My lips that are weary of song!
Shelter my soul, O my love!
My soul is bent low with the pain
And the burden of love, like the grace
Of a flower that is smitten with rain:
O shelter my soul from thy face!”