Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi
(19 November 1917 – 31 October 1984) was the first female Prime Minister of India
and central figure of the Indian National Congress party. Indira Gandhi
, who served from 1966 to 1977 and then again from 1980 until her assassination in 1984, is the second-longest-serving Prime Minister of India
and the only woman to hold the office.
Indira Gandhi Famous Quotes For Students And Children
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
- Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.
- The power to question is the basis of all human progress.
- You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.
- Martyrdom does not end something, it only a beginning.
- If I die a violent death, as some fear and a few are plotting, I know that the violence will be in the thought and the action of the assassins, not in my dying.
- A nation’ s strength ultimately consists in what it can do on its own, and not in what it can borrow from others.
- My father was a statesman, I am a political woman. My father was a saint. I am not.
- There exists no politician in India daring enough to attempt to explain to the masses that cows can be eaten.
- One must beware of ministers who can do nothing without money, and those who want to do everything with money.