Before Guru ji left his mortal body for his heavenly abode, he nominated Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the next perpetual Guru of the Sikhs. Guru Gobind Singh molded the Sikh religion into its present shape, with the formation of the Khalsa fraternity and completion of the Guru Granth Sahib as we find it today, which some will say was his greatest act.
The tenth Guru (teacher) of the Sikh faith, was born Gobind Rai. It may not be out of context to say here that throughout the chronicles of human history, there was no other individual who could be of more inspiring personality than Guru Gobind Singh.
Guru Gobind Singh Ji infused the spirit of both sainthood and soldier in the minds and hearts of his followers to fight oppression in order to restore justice, peace, righteousness (Dharma) and to uplift the down-trodden people in this world.
Guru Gobind Singh Famous Quotes for Students and Children
- The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within.
- Day and night, meditate forever on the Lord.
- By perfect good karma, you shall meet the True Guru, and then the Dear Lord, by His Sweet Will, shall bless you with His Mercy.
- Serving the True Guru, one finds a lasting peace, the pains of birth and death are removed.
- O Nanak, as the Lord Himself engages him, so is he engaged, no one has any say in this matter.
- The ignorant person is totally blind he does not appreciate the value of the jewel.
- God Himself is the Forgiver.
- Without the Name, there is no peace.
- These friends are united, and will not be separated again, they have been united by the Creator Lord Himself.
- She meets the Great Giver, the Life of the World.
- Without the Guru, no one has found the Lord’s Name, O my Siblings of Destiny.
- In the City of Death, they are bound and beaten, and no one hears their prayers.
- Those who meditate on the Name of the Lord obtain all peace and comforts.
- Seeing the swans swimming, the herons wanted to do it too. But the poor herons drowned and died, and floated with their heads down and their feet up.
- Let everyone hail and praise the True Guru, who has led us to find the treasure of the Lord s devotional worship.
- There is no friend, other than the Name of the Lord, the Lord s humble servants reflect upon this and see.
- You created the Universe, You are the Giver of pleasure and pain.
- Why become friends with those whom the Creator Lord Himself has misled?
- Cursed is the life, and cursed is the dwelling, of those who serve another.
- I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who recites the sermon of the Lord s Teachings.
- Meeting their Beloved, they meditate on the True Lord with love and affection.
- Servant Nanak is the Lord’s slave, by His Grace, the Lord preserves his honor.
- You Yourself are Yourself, all by Yourself, You Yourself created the creation.
- Do not even think that they are alive the Creator Lord Himself has killed them.
- Without serving the True Guru, one finds no place of rest, he dies, and is reincarnated, and continues coming and going.
- The Lord’s Name is my most beloved society, the Lord s Name is my ancestry, and the Lord s Name is my family.
- All have grown weary of performing such actions.
- The Lord Himself speaks, and causes us to speak, He Himself is pervading the water and the land.
- The Lord’s Name is my immortal, unfathomable, imperishable Creator Lord, the Architect of Destiny.
- The veil of falsehood shall be torn down from within you, and Truth shall come to dwell in the mind.