The celebration of World Blood Donor Day 2013 was hosted by the France “through its national blood service, the Establishment Français du Sang (EFS)”. France is involved in the promotion act of voluntary and unpaid blood donation since 1950s. The slogan of the year 2013 celebration was “Give the gift of life: donate blood” when it has celebrated its 10th anniversary focusing the value of blood donation to the patient.
Donated blood are used to save lives of severely anemic women, anemic kids, accident victims having excess blood loss, surgical patients, cancerous patients, thalassemia patients, people suffering from the hemophilia, sickle cell anemia, blood disorders, blood clotting disorders and many more.
Places devoid of an adequate blood supply face many life-threatening challenges during the arrangement of sufficient blood for the proper donation. Adequate supply of blood and its products can only be fulfilled by the regular and safe donations by the self motivated, voluntary and unpaid blood donors. Some of the objectives of the World Blood Donor Day celebration are mentioned below:
- World Health Organization is aimed to obtain the sufficient blood supplies from the voluntary and unpaid blood donors all over the world by 2020.
- According to the statistics, it has been noted that only 62 countries are getting sufficient blood supplies from the voluntary and unpaid blood donors whereas 40 countries are still dependent for the blood donations on the patient’s family member or paid donors. It is celebrated to motivate voluntary blood donors in rest of the countries worldwide.
- To make the blood donation act a precious gift to the receivers and get new life.
- WHO run this campaign by organizing many activities in all countries highlighting people’s stories who need immediate blood donation to continue their heart beat.
- It is celebrated to say lots of thank to the voluntary and unpaid blood donors all around the world for saving millions of lives.
- It is celebrated to fulfill the 100% voluntary and unpaid blood donation need worldwide.
- It is celebrated to motivate blood donors for safe blood donation for saving the life of mothers and babies (country’s future).
- It is celebrated to reduce the death rates (mortality rate) because of insufficient blood supply. Approximately 800 women are dying off due to malnourish pregnancy, childbirth-related complications, severe bleeding during or after delivery and etc.
- To motivate voluntary blood donors through educational programmes and campaigns in order to strengthen the blood transfusion services.
- World Blood Donor Day: 14 June
- World Blood Donor Day Facebook Covers
- World Blood Donors Day Greeting Cards
- Blood Donation Quotes in English
- Blood Donation Slogans
- विश्व रक्तदान दिवस पर नारे
- रक्तदान व अंगदान पर कुछ नारे
- रक्तदान – अंगदान पर अनमोल वचन
- History of World Blood Donor Day?
- Why celebrate World Blood Donor Day?
- How to celebrate World Blood Donor Day?
- Themes for World Blood Donor Day?
- National Voluntary Blood Donation Day – Date, Objective & Importance
- Largest human blood drop
- Motivational Hindi Poem on Blood Donation रक्तदान है महादान
- Donate Blood – Inspirational English poem on Blood Donation