Every year in Northern hemisphere, the Summer Solstice falls on June 21. It is the day when Day is longest and the night is shortest. It is the day when Earth is at its closest distance from the Sun on its orbit.
From the perspective of yoga, the Summer Solstice marks the transition of Sun from Uttarayana to Dakshinayana, according to ancient Vedic Calendar. According to Vedic Books, it was the day when Lord Shiva, first taught Yoga to his disciples. The knowledge of Yoga first descended from Shiva on this day. We can say, June 21 as the Birthday of Yoga. This is the reason why several Yogic Preachers had advocated celebrating June 21 as the International Yoga Day.
- International Day of Yoga
- International Day of Yoga Greeting Cards
- International Day of Yoga Facebook Covers
- International Day of Yoga Images, Stock Photos
- योग पर अनमोल विचार
- Yoga Quotes in English
- Famous Yoga Slogans and Sayings
- Yoga Slogans in Hindi योग पर नारे
- Yoga – Category
- International Yoga Week: 1 – 7 March
- What are the Objectives of International Yoga Day?
- How to celebrate International Yoga Day?
- What is the History of International Yoga Day?
- Embrace yoga to age gracefully – June 21 is International Yoga Day
- Why 21 June was chosen as International Yoga Day?
- Yoga benefits are multifold – Says Sri Sri Ravi Shankar