World Blood Donor Day History:
It was first initiated and established to be celebrated annually on 14th of June by “the World Health Organization, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies” in the year 2004. World Blood Donor Day was officially established by the WHO with its 192 Member States in the month of May in 2005 at the 58th World Health Assembly in order to motivate all the countries worldwide to thank the blood donors for their precious step, promote voluntary, safe and unpaid blood donations to ensure the sufficient blood supplies.
World Blood Donor Day celebration brings a precious opportunity to all donors for celebrating it on national and global level as well as to commemorate the birthday anniversary of the Karl Landsteiner (a great scientist who won the Nobel Prize for his great discovery of the ABO blood group system).
Born: 14 June 1868, Vienna, Austria
Died: 26 June 1943, The Rockefeller University, New York, United States
Known for: Development of blood group system, discovery of Rh factor, discovery of poliovirus
Awards: Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award
Nationality: American, Austrian
Books: The Specificity of Serological Reactions
- World Blood Donor Day: 14 June
- World Blood Donor Day Facebook Covers
- World Blood Donors Day Greeting Cards
- Blood Donation Quotes in English
- Blood Donation Slogans
- विश्व रक्तदान दिवस पर नारे
- रक्तदान व अंगदान पर कुछ नारे
- रक्तदान – अंगदान पर अनमोल वचन
- History of World Blood Donor Day?
- Why celebrate World Blood Donor Day?
- How to celebrate World Blood Donor Day?
- Themes for World Blood Donor Day?
- National Voluntary Blood Donation Day – Date, Objective & Importance
- Largest human blood drop
- Motivational Hindi Poem on Blood Donation रक्तदान है महादान
- Donate Blood – Inspirational English poem on Blood Donation