Tikli Bottom, Gurgaon
TikliBottom, Gairatpur Bas, P O Tikli > Gurgaon > Haryana > India
Tikli Bottom is a modern Lutyens style four bedroom Indian haveli which is run as a private guest house. The courtyard offers much space and, cool in the hotter months.
It lies some 50 kms south of Delhi in the state of Haryana, off the Delhi-Jaipur highway, nestling against the Aravali hills, and is 30 Kms and 45 minutes from the international airport.
Four double bedrooms are offered to guests to live en famille with the owners - Martin and Annie Howard. No beds are more comfortable than ours; nobody’s air is cleaner, so close to Delhi; no food more organic and tasty than ours; and nobody’s views better - we are perfect as a soft landing on arrival in India, or as a tell-all-about-it safe haven before departing.
We are a destination, not a stepping stone - stay three nights to get the most out of us. There is plenty for the active to do and nowhere better for doing nothing at all.
The four doubles rooms available are all beautifully furnished, with high ceilings, and all have a dressing room and bathroom with shower and tub bath. During the hot months the more adventurous can sleep outside under mosquito nets.
• We close on 20th April annually and open again on 1st July.
• Pay for the bedroom and full board is free (all meals and all drinks). Live like a guest.
• Optional extras are - airport pick-up and drop; full body massage and reflexology.
• Bedrooms have ACs, dressing rooms and bathrooms with tubs and showers. Sleeping on a charpai under the stars remains an option for the adventurous.
• Relaxation is supreme for those that want just that, while for exercise there are a variety of local walks on the flat or up the hills, and round our organic farm and local village, taking in our very successful school.
• A swimming pool makes the hotter months cooler.
• Golf on the local championship links course stretches the best.
• Bird-watching and photography are best at dawn and dusk.