New Year Brunch Recipes
Best New Year Brunch Recipes, Brunch Recipes For New Year
Brunch is a heavy meal that is a combination of breakfast and lunch. This is often served to take the place of both lunch and breakfast. Thus, the meal should be highly nutritious and provide you enough energy to sustain you for a long time. Very often, people prepare such meals during festive occasions and holidays, as they tend to have late meals during such days. New Year is yet another event on which brunch meals are very common. While preparing these meals, you should take care that they should be very healthy and at the same time filling. Given below are some of the best brunch recipes for New Year, listed just for you.
Best New Year Brunch Recipes
Blueberry French Toast
- 1 pound (or 1 loaf) Italian Bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 13 Eggs
- 2¼ cups Milk
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (diced)
- 1¼ cup White Sugar
- 1¼ Water
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1½ tbsp Butter
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan lightly with butter.
- Spread half of the bread cubes in the bottom of this pan and sprinkle some cream cheese on top of the cubes.
- Over the cheese add a layer of blueberries and the remaining bread slices.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and syrup together. Pour this mixture over the bread cubes, cover the pan and refrigerate for one night.
- Remove the pan from refrigerator the next morning, about 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to around 350° F or 175° C.
- Using an aluminum foil, cover the pan and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a golden brown color is achieved.
- For the sauce, stir some sugar, cornstarch and water together in a pan and boil over medium heat, for around 3 minutes. Make sure to stir continuously while making the sauce.
- Next, add the blueberries, reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Once the berries have burst, add in the butter and serve the sauce hot, with the French toast.
Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
- 8 ounces Ham (cooked and diced)
- 34 ounce Hash Brown Potatoes (frozen)
- 14 ounce Sour Cream
- 2½ cans Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
- 2½ cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with some oil or butter.
- Preheat the oven to around 190°C OR 375°F.
- In a huge mixing bowl, add the ham, sour cream, cream of potato soup, Cheddar cheese and hash browns.
- Once, a smooth paste is formed, spread this evenly over the prepared dish and then sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place the entire tray in the preheated oven and bake until the dish has gained a mild brown color. Once done, remove from oven and serve hot.
New Year Dessert Recipes
Luscious New Year Dessert Recipes, Dessert Recipes For New Year
Desserts are always the favorite of everyone, irrespective of the age. At the same time, they are served at the end of almost every festive meal. Even New Year feast becomes all the more grand and extremely delicious, if there is a sweet, lip-smacking dessert at the end (good things come last!). Here, we bring you some delicious dessert recipes for New Year, which will make both you and your guests extremely happy. These desserts are simple to prepare and at the same time, a great treat for the taste buds. Read on to explore them in detail.
Luscious New Year Dessert Recipes
- 2¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1¼ cup butter
- 1¼ cup White Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 1 pound Chopped Cherries
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- 8½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F. Apply butter to the baking sheets.
- Mix flour, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl, put butter and sugar and stir them together, till they become light.
- Pour 1 cup of the dry flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix in the batter. Finally, add wine to the batter.
- Add cherries and pecans to the batter and mix well. Pour teaspoonfuls of the dough on the baking sheet, in the form of cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Lemon Crunch Dessert
- 1 package (8 ounce) Shredded Coconut
- 1½ cup Old-fashioned Oats
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Chopped Nuts
- ¾ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ¼ cup Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 9 ounce Lemon Yogurt
- 2 tsp Grated Lemon Peel
- 8 ounce Non-dairy Frozen Whipped Topping
- Pre-heat the oven to a temperature of 350 degree F.
- Apply butter to the baking dish and place the coconut in a single layer. Bake the coconut for 15-18 minutes. Cool completely and set the baking dish aside.
- Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl, until this turns creamy. Now add flour, nuts, cinnamon, baking soda and oats to the sugar mixture and stir well.
- Keep one cup of coconut aside for the topping. Mix the remaining coconut into the above mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and bake for half an hour. Once it is properly baked, cool it on wire rack to form the crust.
- Take a large bowl and mix lemon yogurt, lemon peel and the frozen whipped topping, to form the filling.
- Spread this filling over the crust and sprinkle with the reserved coconut.
- Keep the crunch in refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Before serving, cut it into squares.