The celebration of New Year is one of the oldest known holidays. It was started around 2000 BC by the Babylonians, with the appearance of the first New Moon, after the first day of spring. New Year is one of those few events that are celebrated by people all over the world with the same zeal and enthusiasm. It is a time when the past, the present and the future merge beautifully into one another. We look back on the past with fond memories and look forward towards a great future, while celebrating the present at the same time. It’s the time to cherish the sweet memories of the year that just went by and look forward to a joyful and prosperous year ahead.
New Year is celebrated on different dates all over the world. It is because people follow different calendars around the world. Yet all people look forward to getting together with family and loved ones on the 1st of January and celebrating the arrival of New Year with them. In fact, family members and friends are the prime focus of any New Year celebration. Almost everyone looks forward to spending some quality time with their loved ones, on the auspicious occasion of New Year. It’s a popular belief that what you do on the first day of the New Year affects your entire year. That is one reason why people prefer to celebrate it with family and friends. They believe that it will keep them close to their loved ones all through the year.
New Year Celebrations:
Given below are some ideas that will help you ensure that you have the perfect New Year with family members and friends, in the comfort of your abode. So, kick up your heels and get set to enjoy the most enjoyable event of the year.
- Decide what kind of event you are planning to have. Will it be a big bash or a small private family affair, where only close friends and relatives are invited?
- Choose your venue according to the kind of celebration you want to have. The most preferable venue is your home, where you can unwind at ease and be yourself.
- Send invitations at least 4 days in advance, notifying the guests about the venue and the kind of celebration you are going to have. If you are inviting a few people only, give them a call to add a personal touch to the invitation.
- Decorate your house with balloons and ribbons to add some zing to the celebration. Make sure you have a collection of some good music, ranging from rocking songs to soulful romantic ones. The transition should be from rock to romance, as the night transcends.
- Though some amount of alcohol is necessary, make sure you keep it in moderation. You wouldn’t want your loved ones to risk driving back home after they have drunk themselves silly, right! Be innovative and make some other drinks that are non-alcoholic in nature or have a very low amount of alcohol in them.
- Don’t forget to begin the countdown 10 seconds before the clock strikes 12. When the clock strikes 12, kiss your loved ones first and then go around hugging and wishing other people. Don’t forget to toast on your loved ones.
- Make sure you thank everyone for coming to the celebration and making it special by their presence.