Karwa chauth is one of the occasions when the henna business is at its peak. There are various ways of applying henna paste. On this day, each and every married woman gets henna designs made on her hands and, in some cases, feet as well. The women use toothpick or cones for the purpose, according to their convenience. Using cone is the best method, as they are disposable, less messy and inexpensive too. The best part is that these cones can be easily made at home, by following simple steps. If you want to explore the process of making cones as well as applying mehndi, check out the following lines.
How To Make Karwa Chauth Mehndi Cones
- Small Freezer Bags (one will make 2 cones)
- Scotch Tape
- Rubber Band
- Cut the freezer bag into squares. The size you make the cones is up to you, but do not make it too big or it will be hard to handle.
- Generally, the cones are made of 6″ squares. Use a straight edge to make sure your corners are 90 degrees, as it will help in actual folding of cone.
- Make a funnel shape out of the square. Do it very carefully as the plastic is very slippery and you will want to wrap the square around itself in such a way that it completely overlaps (leaving no open spaces for the paste to squeeze out).
- At the same time, leave a small hole at the bottom of the funnel, just large enough to allow the paste to squeeze out without difficulty. This might take some practice.
- After you get the funnel exactly how you want it to be, tape the side edges where the plastic overlaps. Be careful not to move the plastic when you do this, or you will have to start over again. It is better to keep a few small pieces of tape ready instead of trying to get it from the dispenser at this time. Now tape all the way from the bottom to the top of the funnel.
How To Apply Karwa Chauth Mehndi
- Make a smooth henna paste so that there is no debris and has a mud-like firmness.
- Now take a plastic cone, having a fine key-hole at the end and pour the paste into the cone. Tie the broader end with a rubber band.
- Gently squeeze the paste on the palm and start making patterns or designs that you like.
- After you have applied the design, keep the palm horizontal and let the patterned-paste rest on it till dry. In fact, leave it on for as long as it takes to acquire deep color.
- Dab a piece of cotton in sugar and lemon solution and apply lightly on the designs, so it further darkens to a reddish-brown hue that can last for weeks. Do it when it is almost dry.
- After 2-4 hours, remove the mehndi and apply mustard oil to it so that it becomes dark. Don’t wash your hands with water for at least 12 hours.
- करवा चौथ का चाँद: हिंदी कविता
- Karva Chauth Facebook Covers
- Karva Chauth Songs: Thali & Ark Song
- Gujarat Women get set for Karva Chauth
- Karva Chauth: Bollywood Bahus Fasting in fashion
- Karva Chauth Festival Images & Stock Photos
- Karwa Chauth Puja
- Karwa Chauth History
- First Karwa Chauth
- Karwa Chauth Customs & Traditions
- Karwa Chauth Fast
- Karwa Chauth Mehndi
- Karwa Chauth Katha
- Karwa Chauth Legends
- Karwa Chauth Rituals
- Karwa Chauth: Maiden Fasting
- Karwa Chauth Significance
- Karwa Chauth Thali Decoration
- Karwa Chauth Greetings
- Karwa Chauth Festival & Fasting Information
- Karwa Chauth SMS & Love Messages
- Karwa Chauth Celebrations Warm Up In Kanpur
- What is the Origin and Significance of Karwa Chauth?