How To Make Parents Day Greeting Cards:
You Will Need
- Cardstock or Blank Cards
- Patterned Paper
- Rubber Stamps
- Ink Pads
- Paint or Chalk (optional)
- Start off by cutting out a piece of cardstock, if you have a blank card, you don’t really need to do this. However, if you are cutting out a cardstock, you can fold the same to a size that comes close to the standard-size of an envelope.
- With this done, proceed to create a design for the front of your card. For the design, you can use just about anything you want, but most of all, don’t forget to use your creativity. You can then go on to combine bits of patterned paper, small photos, stickers, ribbons, sequins, or just about anything you think will make for a great decorative item.
- If you are looking to go that extra mile to make your card look that much better, you can grace the card with a border or edges that are the result of using stamping ink to advantage. If you are not a big fan of stamping ink, you can simply use chalk, acrylic paint or stitches sewed on with the assistance of your hand and a needle, or a machine.
- Now comes the coolest part of making a card all by yourself – The Message. No, here you don’t need to rely on borrowed words or words that don’t help you convey what you really want your parents to know. This way you are getting the best of both worlds; not only are you getting to make your own card, you also are getting to add your own words to it. As far as the message goes, you can have just about anything in the card. From the lyrics of a song or the lines of a movie to inspirational quotes or passages from the heart, anything goes!
- To further personalize this much personalized gift, you can sign off. Most cards are always given with a signature or a characteristic way of signing off is employed. Here, you can use any word, but what matters most is that the words you choose help express emotions. Common examples of signing off can include ‘Much Love’, ‘Thank You For The Love’, ‘Forever Yours’, ‘Love Always’, etc. You can choose to use these examples or you can choose to use just about anything, the choice after all is yours for the making!
- As for the envelope in which the card is presented, a plain one will just not do. What you want to be looking at is a decorated envelope. The decorations that dominate the envelope can include just about anything. Remember, the decorations on the envelope can help serve as a warm-up for the card that is to come, so having an envelope that is pretty attractive to look at can help! Address the envelope with a colorful pen or even stamped letters, and seal it with an attractive sticker! The envelope is ready and so should be the card!
Now that you know what it takes to put together a Parent’s day card, don’t forget to watch your parents smile as you hand them over your labor of love.