Apart from tending to their vanity, many women were also busy shopping on Thursday for bangles and accessories to be worn on the auspicious day.
On Karva Chauth, the day begins early at 4 am, when the ladies have their only meal of the day before dawn breaks. It is a tradition that women, on this day, wake up early, have food before sunrise and observe a fast which is broken when they catch a glimpse of the moon in the evening.
“We will have food from the traditional sargi, which will consist many items such as dry fruits, a sweet dish of vermicelli, fruits as well as a complete meal consisting of vegetable curry, roti, dal and rice,” explained Shilpa Khanna, a newly-wed resident of Bodakdev.
Apart from the day-long fast, women dress up in traditional attire with accessories such bangles, bindi, sindoor and others.
Sharing her happiness, Vastrapur resident, Minakshi Gupta, who has diligently observed the fast for 15 years, said, “Although it is tough fasting all day, I love to share the day with my other relatives. In our society, we organise katha in the evening during which a thaali (plate decorated with traditional items) is rotated and shared among the women.” The ritual is followed by sitting in a circle and rotating the sargi thaali among the women attending the katha.
In the evening, many societies organize dance parties. Sharing her plans, Juhi Verma said, “Since we will observe a day-long fast, in the evening, all our family members will go out for dinner to have a full meal. Dal makhni is prepared at almost every household where women observe this fast, but we plan to relish the dish at a restaurant.”
- करवा चौथ का चाँद: हिंदी कविता
- Karva Chauth Facebook Covers
- Karva Chauth Songs: Thali & Ark Song
- Gujarat Women get set for Karva Chauth
- Karva Chauth: Bollywood Bahus Fasting in fashion
- Karva Chauth Festival Images & Stock Photos
- Karwa Chauth Puja
- Karwa Chauth History
- First Karwa Chauth
- Karwa Chauth Customs & Traditions
- Karwa Chauth Fast
- Karwa Chauth Mehndi
- Karwa Chauth Katha
- Karwa Chauth Legends
- Karwa Chauth Rituals
- Karwa Chauth: Maiden Fasting
- Karwa Chauth Significance
- Karwa Chauth Thali Decoration
- Karwa Chauth Greetings
- Karwa Chauth Festival & Fasting Information
- Karwa Chauth SMS & Love Messages
- Karwa Chauth Celebrations Warm Up In Kanpur
- What is the Origin and Significance of Karwa Chauth?