Friendship Day Cake Recipes
Fruit & Nuts Friendship Cake
- 1 cup Apples, chopped
- 1 cup Raisins or Nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Plus
- Egg White of two Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 cups Starter
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Take another large bowl and pour starter, egg and whites, sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture, apples and raisins/nuts.
- Gently pour this mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 11 loaf pan or tube pan.
- Preheat oven up to 350°F.
- Grease a round cake pan with butter. Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake the mixture in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Take the cake out from the oven, after it bakes completely. Allow the baked cake to cool for sometime.
- Dust the cake with sugar powder and serve.
Tip: You can use any combination of fruits and nuts as long as the total quantity equals 2 cups. You can go for drained pineapples, dates, pecans or crushed almonds.
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream, butter and sugar. Blend well, until all the sugar dissolves.
- Beat eggs, one by one, into the mixture. Stir in vanilla, after you beat the mixture well.
- Sieve flour and baking powder. Now, add the flour-baking powder mixture into the creamed mixture. Mix thoroughly. Stir in milk, until the batter becomes smooth.
- Grease a baking cake pan with butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Preheat oven up to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the creamed mixture in the preheated oven, for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the baked cake from the oven and let it cool for sometime.
- Decorate the vanilla cake with cherries and then serve.