Father’s Day is the time to celebrate the great bond between father and his child. It is the occasion, when the world acknowledges the importance of fatherhood. If you want to make the special day a memorable one for your dad, then add color to the celebrations. With some efforts and a little bit of creativity, you can make the day the most memorable one for the head of your household. Here in this article, we have provided some ideas that will brighten up the celebration of Father’s Day.
How To Celebrate Father’s Day
- Celebrate Father’s Day with the important male figures in your life. Invite your grandfather, brother, uncles, husband/would-be to join you in the celebrations. It is definite that they will add color to the occasion.
- You may focus the celebration on a particular activity, say, a competition. You may organize singing, dance, craft making competitions, and invite the kids as well as the adults to take part. This would be the best bet, in case you are planning to throw a party for your dad.
- Arrange an extravagant brunch buffet for your father and show him that Father’s Day is as important as any other festival. For the budget conscious lot, organizing an economical luncheon will be better.
- Refresh the special moments that you have shared with your dad, by walking down the memory lane. To do this, collect the old photographs that you have clicked with your daddy, and make a collage. Display it in the venue (of celebrations) or present it to your father.
- Plan the day that revolves around your dad’s favorite pastime. If he loves to play games, then consider buying tickets to a game.
- If your dad is interested in sports, the best bet would be organizing a sports event for your family. You may ride in bike along a scenic trail with other family members or arrange a mock Olympics, complete with relay races. Culminate the day with an award winning ceremony.
- For a movie buff dad, organizing a movie marathon will be a nice idea. Turn your living room into a home theatre. For the purpose, arrange an overhead projector, get a collection of DVDs of your dad’s favorite flicks and enjoy watching movies along with him. You may invite your close relatives to join in the celebration. Make sure you have snacks to munch during the movie.
- On Father’s Day, display your culinary skills to him. Dig up your father’s favorite recipes and prepare a meal for him. If you are not adept at the art of cooking, you may make a reservation at his favorite restaurant, for lunch or dinner. Sum up the celebrations by presenting him some cooking gadgets or a cook book.