Corn And Spinach Kathi Rolls Recipe
How To Make Corn & Spinach Kathi Rolls, Recipe Of Corn And Spinach Kathi Rolls
Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November every year in India to honor the first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Nehru was very fond of children and worked for the education and development of children. Hence, he was always associated with children. He was also known as Chacha Nehru by the kids. The festival is celebrated across India with great pomp and show. Various events and activities are organized for the day. While celebrating the day with your kids, why not treat them with a scrumptious snack. Prepare some delicious corn and spinach kathi rolls and make his Children’s Day celebrations even more enjoyable. Read to know how to make corn and spinach kathi rolls by following any of the following recipes.
How To Make Corn & Spinach Kathi Rolls
- 4 cups Spinach (finely chopped)
- ½ cup sweet Corn Kernels (cooked)
- ½ cup Skimmed Milk Curds (beaten till smooth)
- ½ cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté till the fragrant can be smelt.
- Combine chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder with 2 tbsp of water.
- Add the masala mixture to the frying pan. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and salt.
- Cover the pan and cook till the spinach is well cooked, on low flame.
- Add corn kernels and curd. Mix well.
- Simmer the mixture till it gets thick.
- Remove from fire and roll up equal amounts in rolls or rotis.
- 15 large Spinach Leaves
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Sweet Corn Kernels (blanched)
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ tsp Mixed Herbs
- Mozzarella Cheese (as per taste, grated)
- Salt (to taste)
- Roast wheat flour in medium saucepan till it turns light brown and fragrant.
- Remove from fire and gradually add milk. Stir to get a thick and pouring mixture.
- Set it back to the stove, stirring continuously with a whisk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Add salt and remove from fire.
- Melt butter in another saucepan.
- Add garlic, corn kernels, salt, chili flakes, mixed herbs and 2 tbsp of the milk sauce. Mix well.
- Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Arrange the spinach leaves on a plate.
- Place some corn stuffing on the spinach leaves. Roll it up to form a roll.
- Place the spinach rolls in the greased dish.
- Pour the milk sauce over the rolls.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and bake the rolls at 200 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes till the topping turns reddish brown.