Shri Satya Sai Baba was born as Sathyanarayana Raju in the small village of Puttaparthi, in Andhra Pradesh. Raju completed Elementary School at Bukkapatnam and then joined the high school at Uravakonda. At Uravakonda, He claimed of being bitten by a scorpion, which nobody could find. As a result of this incident, he went into deep coma. After he came out from coma, Raju started behaving in a strange manner, not eating food, reciting ancient shalokas, etc. Finally, at the age of fourteen, he realized His true calling in life and renounced the world.
Sathya Sai Baba Ashram Puttaparthi
Puttaparthi claims the distinction of housing the main ashram of Sathya Sai Baba. It is known by the name of Prasanthi Nilayam and was inaugurated by the Baba in the year 1950, on his 25th birthday.
Teachings of Shri Satya Sai Baba
The summary of the main teachings of Baba is given below…
- The devotion of a person towards a particular religion is more important the religion itself.
- No religion is superior and no religion is inferior. We should respect the religions of one other.
- The country in which you stay should be respected and honored.
- There is only one God in this world, His names may be different.
- The service towards the poor, the needy and the sick should be without expectation of any return.
- Truth, divine love, right conduct, good behavior, peace and non-violence are the values to be followed in everyday life.