Gagan Narang is ace Indian shooter especially in Air Rifle shooting and has ensured that the Indian subcontinent ranks amongst the top nations in the world of shooting. Narang came into the limelight after his successful stint at the Commonwealth Games 2006, followed by the World Cup, from where he returned with a gold medal. 1983 born, Gagan Narang became an indelible part of India’s sporting history when he shot the first-ever gold medal for the hosts in the inaugural Afro Asian Games at the Hyderabad University shooting range. Narang, a scholarship holder from Indian Airlines took to the sport seriously only 5 years ago.
- Full Name: Gagan Narang
- Date of Birth (Birthday): May 6, 1983
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Height: 5 ft 8 in
- Weight: 98 kg
- Hair Color: Black
- Birth Place: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Religion: Hindu
- Languages: Hindi, Tamil and English
- Father’s Name: B.S. Narang
- 2003 – Afro Asian games in Hyderabad – Gold medal.
- 2006 – Shooting Championship – Bronze medal.
- 2006 – World Cup 2006 – Gold medal.
- 2006 – 2006 Commonwealth Games – 4 Gold medals.
- 2008 – World Cup in China – Bronze medal.
- 2010 – ISSF World Shooting Championships – Bronze medal.
- 2010 – 2010 Commonwealth Games – 2 Gold medals till 6th October.
Awards & Achievements
- Holds world record of 600 points in 10 metre air rifle (men) Qualification.
- Holds world record of 703.5 points in 10 metre air rifle (men) Final.
- Scholarship holder from Indian Airlines.