Discoloration of the lips is a condition when the color of the lips changes from the usual red or pink to dark shades. It can affect both men and women and is not bounded by age either. Some of the causes of discoloration of lips include smoking, chewing of tobacco, chemotherapy, excessive fluoride use or use of low grade cosmetics. At times, discoloration of the lips can also be a heredity problem. If it is so, the ailment cannot be cured completely. However, retreating to some natural remedies, it can be lightened or treated partially. In the following lines, we provide some home remedies for discoloration of the lips.
Home Remedy For Discoloration Of Lips
• The most simple and effective way to cure discoloration of the lip would be to have at least 10 glasses of water per day.
• Lime is a very good bleaching agent. Apply lime juice on the lips every might before bed. This would help in treating discoloration of the lips.
• Sun rays also causes discoloration of the lips. Applying some sunscreen lotion on your lips would help solve this ailment.
• Apply a small amount of clarified butter little every night to soothe lips. Not only, would it cure the discoloration but also help to keep the lips moisturized.
• For people who are in the habit of smoking or in taking caffeinated drinks the first step would be reduce or lessen the intake. This would help in both prevention and treatment of discoloration of lips.
• Make a paste of fresh milk cream in which saffron has been soaked overnight. Apply this paste to cure discoloration of the lips.