Hangover can be termed as one of the after effects of consuming alcohol. It is almost experienced by 3/4th of the drinkers. People who take in alcohol experience a hangover at one or the other point. There are various causes of hangover ranging from drinking much in less time, drinking with an empty stomach, lack of sleep, dehydrated body and poor health. The most common symptoms found during hangover are an upset stomach, a headache, a bad taste in mouth and a guilty conscience. It is not a condition to get tensed about as retreating to some home remedies can cure hangover in a short span of time. Learn how to treat/ cure hangover naturally.
Home Remedies for Hangover
• The best remedy to cure hangover at home would be to increase the intake of vitamin C in the body. Consume fresh citrus fruit juice in large amounts in the morning to cure hangover.
• Another simple remedy which is effective would be to increase in the intake of water. Higher levels of water counter effects the alcohol levels in the body thus curing hangover.
• Lime juice is also beneficial in treating hangover. Take a glass of water and add lime to it. Drink this solution.
• Have several cups of strong coffee. This would reduce or lessen the effect. Tomato juice, peppermint tea or ginger tea also proves worthwhile in treating hangover.
• Consuming a tablespoon of honey would also be beneficial in treating a person who's on a high with alcohol. Since honey has higher levels of fructose, it would act favorably.
• Take a bowl of cold/ chilled water. Dip a handkerchief and apply it on the forehead. This would provide instant relief from the headache caused and also lessen the hangover.
• In 8 ounces of water, add 2 tsp of fresh lime juice and a tsp of sugar. Drink this mixture slowly sip by sip. It would relieve a aperson from the hangover.
• Taking hot water bath the next morning will also be helpful in treating a person who has had alcohol the previous night. It would drain away all the toxins.
• Peel the banana and immerse the peels in a cup of water. Cool this water and drink it. This would helpful in treating in hangover.
• A good cure to relieve a person from hangover would be to make him/her drink chocolate milk before going to bed.
• Make a cup of black coffee without sugar. Add a few drops of lemon juice to it. Drink this concoction. This is an effective remedy to treat hangovers.
• Take a cup of hot water and immerse 5 to 6 crushed thyme leaves in it. Simmer it for about 5 minutes and then strain the tea. When warm, drink this tea. It would provide relief from hangover.
• Having food during and after drinking would help in reducing the effect of hangover.