A highly contagious disease, conjunctivitis is the swollenness or inflammation caused in the conjunctiva, a thin membrane which coats the front of the eyes. Also called 'pink eye' and 'eye flu', it is a condition when a person has sore eyes. Conjunctivitis is infectious and easily be transferable from one person to the other through direct contact. Symptoms for conjunctivitis are inflammation caused on the eyeball and underside of the eyelids. It also causes eye pain, burning, blured vision, feeling of dryness and discharge of a sticky fluid. On a severe stage, it also forms pus over and under the eyelid. The main cause of conjunctivitis is unhealthy and unhygienic state of living but since it is transferable, it may also be caused because of someone in the vicinity has it. However, it is treatable and can be cured using home remedies. Check how to cure conjunctivitis naturally.
Home Remedy For Conjunctivitis
• One of the effective remedies for curing conjunctivitis is to mix 2 tsp. chamomile flowers and 1 tsp oregon grape root in 2 cups of boiling water. Once cooled, strain this mixture and use it as an eye wash.
• Sliced potatoes would also be beneficial in curing conjunctivitis. Peel the potato and cut it into thin slices. Apply on the affected area of the eye.
• Prepare a tea using goldthread leaves and use it as a eye wash. Not only does it cure the swollenness caused and the infection, it also relieves a person of the pain.
• An excellent eye wash for treating conjunctivitis would be to prepare a decoction using handful of dried coriander in 60 ml of water. It relieves a person of the pain and lessens the swelling as well.
• Increase in the consumption of vitamin A and B2 helps in curing conjunctivitis. The foods rich in Vitamin A are whole milk, yoghurt, butter, carrots, pumpkin, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, mangoes, and papaya whereas green leafy vegetables, almonds, citrus fruits, bananas and tomatoes have high content of vitamin B2.
• Indian gooseberry juice has medicinal properties which cure conjunctivitis. Prepare a cup of this juice and add two teaspoons of honey. Consumption of this juice two times everyday would be beneficial.
• Carrot juice also is effective in treating conjunctivitis. To enhance the efficacy of this, add spinach to it. Mix 200 ml of spinach juice with 300 ml of carrot juice. Another combination of raw parsley juice 200ml, mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice also has therapeutic properties and provides relief.
• Sterile cotton ball and dip it in warm water. Use this to take away the crust formed on the eyelashes. Warmly compress the cotton against the eye to provide relief.
• Another remedy for conjunctivitis, would be apply poultice yogurt on the infected area of the eye. It would heal the itchiness caused.