Tuberculosis — A infection of the lungs, Tuberculosis is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The germ enters the body through the nose, mouth or windpipe and stays down in the tile lungs. The causes of tuberculosis include low resistance of the body, smoking, drinking and stress. The symptoms of this disease begin with cough and extend to chest pain, prolonged coughing and bringing out blood with cough. Fever, chills, sweating in the night, loss of appetite and weight loss are some other symptoms associated with tuberculosis. Though a brutal disease of the yester years, tuberculosis can now be successfully treated, even at home. In the following lines, we have provided some of the home remedies used for treating the disease naturally.
Home Remedy For Tuberculosis
- Mix 5 grams asafetida with 10 grams each of camphor and kattha and 10 tender leaves of the neem. Now, add the juice of Holy Basil leaves to this mixture, to form a paste. From the paste, make small tablets, of the size of chickpeas. Take one pellet at a time, dipped in rose essence, 3 to 4 times in a day.
- Wash and grind the leaves of celery and extract its juice. Have this juice at regular intervals of an hour. For the first time, have four tbsp of this juice and then, cut it down to 2 tbsp. Continue until the stools become rigid.
- In a bowl, mix 10 pieces each of black pepper and asafetida, fried in ghee. Add a few drops of opium to it. Now, blend them properly and make small tablets. Have one pellet, with water, after every 6 hours.
- In some clove oil, add a few pieces of crystallized sugar. Let it sit for sometime. Have this mixture several times a day.
- Nutmeg and jaggery are helpful in curing tuberculosis. Crush a nutmeg into a powdery form and add jaggery to it. When the mixture gets in a paste form, make small pellets of it, each weighing 3 milligrams. Have a pellet, with warm water, after every half an hour.
- For aches and pains, crush nutmeg to make a fine powder. Now, add 100 milliliters of oil in it and cook it on a low flame. Once warm, apply this oil on the hands and legs of the ailing person.
- In a juice of onion, add a bit of asafetida. Have this mixture every half an hour, to relieve a person of tuberculosis.
- Mix a tsp each of mint juice and honey. To this, add 2 tsp of malt vinegar. Now, add the mixture to a cupful of carrot juice and stir the liquids completely. Have this juice three times a day.
- Increase the consumption of bottle gourd, as it the best vegetable for increasing the body’s resistance to tuberculosis.
- In a bowl of water, immerse some leaves of drumstick tree. Now, boil the water. Strain it and flavor with some salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice. Have this soup every morning, on an empty stomach.
- In a glass of orange juice, add a tbsp of honey and a pinch of salt. Have this juice everyday, on an empty stomach.
- Extract the juice of a single berry and add equal amounts of honey to it. Have this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Combine some sugar candy and ghee in butter. Have this blended mixture several times a day.
- Regular consumption of pineapple juice has proved to be helpful in treating tuberculosis.
- Add some sugar to large black raisins. Now, sprinkle some black pepper over them and grind to make a powdery substance. Have a tbsp of this powder, two times a day.
- In a glass of milk, add 5 pieces of long pepper and sugar to taste. Boil the milk and allow it to get warm. Strain the milk and have it two times a day.