Low Blood Pressure (Low BP): Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Students And Children
— Our body has a definite blood pressure. A drop in the said pressure is a condition termed as hypotension, more popularly Low BP
. In such a condition, the heart forces the blood out of the arteries with much less strength than it should. Low blood pressure is an outcome of weakened and devitalized system. Some of the main causes of low blood pressure
are faulty nutrition or malnutrition, emotional instability, loss of blood and slow internal bleeding. Lethargy, weakness, fatigue and dizziness are the most common symptoms of Low BP
. A person might even faint, if the arterial pressure gets extremely low. Low BP
can, however, be treated naturally, using some home remedies.
Read on to know how to cure Low BP, at home.
Ayurvedic Home Remedy For Low Blood Pressure
- The best and the most effective home remedy for treating Low BP would be to consume lots of water. This is because dehydration reduces blood volume and leads to a drop in the blood pressure.
- Beetroot juice is beneficial for those suffering from Low BP. So, have a cup of raw beetroot juice two times a day.
- Prepare a cup of strong black coffee and consume this whenever you feel that your blood pressure is dipping.
- Put 15-20 gm of Indian Spikenard in 250 ml water and boil it. Now, remove from heat and let it cool down. Have this infusion thrice a day. You can also have 30-40 grains of Indian Spikenard, along with some camphor and cinnamon.
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add one kg of Epsom salt to it. Immerse yourself in the bath for 20 minutes, before going to bed. Take caution not to expose the body to a cold area after this.
- In a bowl of water, soak 7 almonds and keep them overnight. Peel them and prepare a paste. Add this paste to lukewarm milk and drink it.
- Take a bowl of water and soak 30 raisins in it, overnight. Chew them one by one, on an empty stomach, in the morning and have water.
- Holy basil works effectively in curing Low BP. Take about 15 holy basil leaves and crush them. Filter the mixture with the help of a muslin cloth. Have this filtered mixture, along with a tsp of honey, on an empty stomach.
- Include salt, asafetida and fruits in your diet. All these are beneficial in restoring the blood pressure level.
- Foods rich in proteins, vitamin C and vitamin B are effective in treating Low BP.
- Exercises, light walking, swimming and cycling are beneficial in regulating the blood pressure level.