Body Odor — Body odor is the unpleasant smell which comes from a person’s body, beacuse of the bacteria growing on it. The notion amongst people that perspiration or sweating causes body odor is wrong. It may surprise you, but it is not perspiration that causes leads to body odor, but the bacteria that gets accumulated on the skin. The bacteria release unpleasant smelling chemicals, which, in turn, cause body odor. These bacteria multiply rapidly in the presence of sweat and this is why, people smell more when they perspire. Using deodorants only worsen the situation as it contains various toxic chemicals, which further aggravate the problem. However, the problem of body odor can be sorted out by resorting to home remedies. Read on to how to cure the problem of body odor naturally.
Home Remedy For Body Odor
- To prevent body odor, drink a glass of water in the morning, on an empty stomach, along with 500 mg wheat grass. The chlorophyll present in the grass will help in reducing body odor.
- You can also apply baking soda to your armpits as well as to your feet, to reduce body odor.
- While bathing, add alcohol or white vinegar to a mug of water and use it to rinse the armpits. This will definitely help in lessening the body odor.
- One of the simple home remedies for body odor is to put a few drops of rose water in the bathtub, before taking bath. It will give you a long lasting freshness and serve as a good substitute for deodorant.
- To reduce the pH of the skin and eliminate armpit odor, one can use apple cider vinegar instead of deodorant. Put it in a mug of water and use it to rinse the armpits, while bathing.
- Take showers, at least thrice in a day, in the summer season, when one tends to sweat a lot.
- Prepare a homemade deodorant with the juice of about two dozen radishes and 1/4 teaspoon glycerin. Mix the liquids well and pour into a spray-top bottle. Spray this in the armpits to fight body odor. Remember to store it in fridge.
- During summers, you can apply the baby powder or talc to your armpits, in place of deodorants.
- Pour some white vinegar on a cotton ball and wipe your underarms with the cotton. While the vinegar smell would fade in some time, you would remain smell-free for the rest of the day.
- Mix two drops of the tea tree oil (essential oil) and one ounce of water. Pour this in a spray-top bottle and use as a deodorant. Since tea tree is an antibacterial herb, it would act favorably in preventing body odor.
- Mix 10 drops of the essential oil in 30 ml water. Apply this mixture on the armpits to reduce body odor.
- Turnip juice is also effective in removing body odor. Grate a turnip and squeeze the grated pieces to extract the juice. Apply this juice on your underarms.